Every senior at Walden III must go through the Rite of Passage Experience (R.O.P.E.) to graduate at Walden. This requirement is one factor that makes Walden different from other area high schools and most high schools in the United States. Students begin to gather information starting in 9th grade. They collect and gather information in areas of achievement, volunteer opportunities, reading books toward the requirement and many other areas that contribute toward the ROPE process.
R.O.P.E. is designed to measure competency in terms of actual mastery, not just by credits of standardized test scored in a limited number of areas.
ROPE Thesis Due Dates
Week 1: Nov 8
· Meet with Thesis Advisor.
· Thesis Advisor needs to approve both the topic and the thesis statement. (signature required)
Week 2: Nov 16
· A minimum of 10 credible sources must be submitted as a work cited page to Craig. Use Purdue Owl for MLA citation support.
· Use the search engines available on your online technology page for the district such as Badgerlink and Gale Databases. A simple Google search will not necessarily take you to credible sources.
Week 3/4: Nov 30
· Collect data and research.
· Outline of paper due to Craig.
· Meet with Thesis Advisor during the week for approval of outline. (signature required)
Week 5: Dec 7
· Minimum of 3 pages due to Craig and Thesis Advisor. (signature required)
Week 6: Dec 14
· Minimum of 6 pages due to Craig and Thesis Advisor. (signature required)
Week 7: Dec 17-20
· Rough draft completed.
· Meet with Thesis Advisor to receive feedback. (signature required)
· Self-evaluation completed.
· Peer-evaluation completed.
· Complete all revisions. (can receive feedback from anyone who is willing to read your paper)
DECEMBER 21: FINAL COPY OF THESIS PAPER DUE TO CRAIG, HOMEGROUP TEACHER, AND THESIS ADVISOR.
· This final copy should be free of errors and demonstrate your proficiency to the best of your ability.