Gateway Technical College Information
1) Gateway Promise
The graduating class of 2019 will be the third group of students that are able to apply to the Gateway Promise program. Gateway Technical College & its Foundation are proud to promise our community that every qualifying high school student can attend Gateway tuition-free. Eligibility includes:
- On-time high school graduate
- Graduate from a Gateway district high school or resident of the Gateway district
- Apply for admissions by March 1st of senior year
- Submit FAFSA by March 1st of senior year
- Achieve a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at the time of application for admissions
- Chosen program of student must meet state & federal financial aid eligibility requirements
- Achieve a composite score of 16 or higher on the ACT test, or 237 or higher on the Accuplacer Reading, Writing and Math
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) must be $3,000 or lower (as calculated by the FAFSA)
- Enroll as a full-time student at Gateway for the fall immediately following the senior year.
2) Connect with a New Student Specialist to learn about the opportunities at Gateway
Gateway technical College's New Student Specialists work one-on-one with high school juniors and seniors to plan their steps after high school. They are excited to partner with counselors, teachers, and parents to ensure every student has a post-secondary plan.
Your New Student Specialist is available here at your high school and is excited to help you plan for college. Whether you're interested in a career program, starting at Gateway and transferring, or just want to take college credit in high school, your New Student Specialist can help you get started.
Want to learn about all the possibilities open to you? Connect with your Gateway Technical College New Student Specialist: https://www.gtc.edu/college-connection
3) Ways to earn college credits in high school
There are many different ways you can earn both high school and Gateway Technical College credit for courses you take as a high school junior or senior. Ask the New Student Specialist in your school for more information, or check with your high school guidance counselor to see what’s offered at your high school.
Visit the Gateway website for a list of ways to earn college credits: https://www.gtc.edu/college-connection/ways-earn-college-credit.
4) Come experience Gateway Technical College in person and discover the exciting opportunities available to you!
Take a tour of campus and see our state-of-the-art program facilities first-hand. To schedule a campus tour, connect with your New Student Specialist: https://www.gtc.edu/college-connection.