Jefferson Lighthouse is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. It was one of the first four schools authorized as an IB Primary Years Programme in Wisconsin. To learn more about the IB Programme, follow this link.
Why Jefferson Lighthouse & IB?
- The school focuses on higher-level thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students learn a second language (Spanish).
- All teachers collaborate weekly to develop rigorous, student-centered curriculum and instruction methods.
- Student become internationally-minded and are encouraged to think about the larger world around them.
- Specialists reinforce what students are learning in their classroom.
- Students prepare for the IB opportunities that await them at McKinley Middle School and Case High School which has an IB Diploma Programme.