INFORMATION FOR SENIORS
PRINT 2017 SENIOR INFO. PACKET HERE:
2017 - PROM REQUIREMENTS:
Dear Senior Students and Parents:
Prom is scheduled for Saturday, May 20, 2017 (date is subject to change). Please remember, Prom and other school dances are a privilege and not a right. To that end, these policies have been put into effect for the appropriate enjoyment for all attendees. Violation of rules requiring student removal from the dance will be done without a refund. Any behavior demonstrated at a dance that leads to a school suspension may prohibit future participation in future dances. Prom is a celebration of graduation from high school. Below is a list of district requirements for all school dances as well as additional polices for Prom. In order to attend, the following policies have been established:
All School Dances:
1. Middle school students and anyone over the age of 20 are NOT permitted to attend.
2. Inappropriate and/or sexually explicit dancing is not permitted and may result in dismissal from the dance. If an administrator and/or chaperone deeps it inappropriate and/or indecent, it will not be permitted.
3. ALL attendees must have a photo ID to purchase a ticket and enter the dance.
4. Appropriate dress is required. Appropriate dress is defined by the RUSD 2016-2017 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebookin the section titled Dress Code Policy. Appropriate dress for school dances may also include independent school level expectations, i.e.: no jeans or street shoes.
5. Guest* attendance is up to the discretion of the guest’s* current school administration or that of the last school attended. The appropriate approval form must be completed and on file in order for a guest to attend. (*Guest is defined as student or the student’s guest for the dance).
6. Each High School may enforce additional rules for dance attendance, but the following minimum rules and requirements are in effect for four weeks leading up to the day of the dance for all students.
a. No school suspensions of any kind.
b. No truancies, as defined in the Glossary (pg. 40 of the RUSD 2016-2017 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebook).
c. No more than 3 hall sweeps and/or tardies for all periods (including advisory).
d. All fines and fees must be paid.
Additional District Policies for Prom
1. Must have a minimum of 18 credits by the end of the 1st semester of their senior year – January 20, 2017, be an active student* at Horlick High School, and be on track to graduate at the end of the school year. (*Active student means: that the student attends Horlick High School on a daily basis and is not part of an alternative high school educational program.) Please note: students who have applied for early graduation must have 18 credits by the end of 1st semester of their senior year to attend Prom. Example: a student who is graduating in (3) years as an early graduate would be considered a senior their final year.
2. The following rules and requirements are in effect throughout the entire school year:
a. No more than 3 suspensions and no expulsions during the current school year (see 6a. above)
(However, no suspensions or expulsions of any kind from April 24, 2017 – May 20, 2017)
Additional District Policies for Prom (continued)
b. No more than 10 periods of truancy for the entire year
(However, no truancies of any kind from April 24, 2017 – May 20, 2017).
c. No more than 10 tardies for the entire year
(However, no more than 3 tardies from April 24, 2017 – May 20, 2017).
d. No more than ten (10) absences* (Please see Glossary for definition of Truancy - pg. 40 of the RUSD 2016-2017 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebook). - *Students can only miss ten (10) school days for the year. All missed days over ten (10) must be accompanied by a signed doctor's excuse. If a signed doctor's excuse is not provided, this will result in un-excused absences and will count towards all dance requirements** (**Note: Before planning vacations, college visits, etc…Please make sure your Planned vacation does not interfere with the WI. Dept. of Public Instruction (10) day absence policy. Contact your sub-school for more information. If the planned absence puts your child over the ten (10) day limit, the student will not be able to attend homecoming, prom, etc…)
1. No unpaid school fines or fees as of May 20, 2017. (Payments must be made by cash, cashiers check, or money order – NO CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED)
2. All RUSD students are required to follow all RUSD Policies as set forth in the 2016-2017 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebook as well as all school policies as set forth in the 2016-2017 Horlick High School Parent/Student Handbook.
If the student is free from listed violations, he/she may obtain a dance permit from his/her academy sub school office. Dance permits are required in order to purchase a ticket.
Guests – (Are up to the discretion of the administration.)
1. All RUSD guest attendees are required to follow the same rules for student attendees as listed above
2. No guests over the age of 20 years of age are permitted to attend
3. No middle school guests are permitted to attend
4. All guests must have a valid picture school or state ID
5. No student who has dropped out of school may attend
6. Grade – Credit Requirement:
7. 3rd year students must have a minimum of 12 credits by the end of the 1st semester junior year to attend
8. 2nd year students must have a minimum of 7 credits by the of the 1st semester sophomore year to attend
9. 1st year students must have a minimum of 3 credits by the of the 1st semester freshman year to attend
All RUSD student guests are required to follow all RUSD Policies as set forth in the 2016-2017 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebook as well as all school policies as set forth in the 2016-2017 Horlick High School Parent/Student Handbook.