Horlick Dance Policies
The following information was given to all Horlick High School students during Advisory on 9/8/17:
Dear Horlick High School Students and Parents:
The Homecoming Dance is scheduled for Saturday, October 7, 2017. School dances are a privilege and not a right. To that end, these policies have been put into effect for the appropriate enjoyment for all attendees. Violation of rules requiring student removal from the dance will be done without a refund. Any behavior demonstrated at a dance that leads to a school suspension may prohibit future participation in future dances. Below is a list of district requirements for all school dances. Dance requirements for Homecoming begin on Monday, September 11, 2017. In order to attend, the following policies have been established:
All School Dances:
1. Middle school students and anyone over the age of 20 are NOT permitted to attend.
2. Inappropriate and/or sexually explicit dancing is not permitted and may result in dismissal from the dance. If an administrator and/or chaperone deems it inappropriate and/or indecent, it will not be permitted.
3. ALL attendees must have a photo ID to purchase a ticket and enter the dance.
4. Appropriate dress is required. Appropriate dress is defined by the RUSD 2016-2017 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebookin the section titled Dress Code Policy. Appropriate dress for school dances may also include independent school level expectations, i.e.: no jeans or street shoes. (2017-2018 Student Codebook available soon).
5. Guest* attendance is up to the discretion of the guest’s* current school administration or that of the last school attended. The appropriate approval form must be completed and on file in order for a guest to attend. (*Guest is defined as student or the student’s guest for the dance).
6. Each High School may enforce additional rules for dance attendance, but the following minimum rules and requirements are in effect for four weeks leading up to the day of the dance for all students.
a. No school suspensions of any kind.
b. No truancies, as defined in the Glossary (pg. 40 of the RUSD 2016-2017 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebook). (2017-2018 Student Codebook available soon).
c. No more than 3 hall sweeps and/or tardies for all periods (including advisory).
No unpaid school fines or fees as of October 7, 2017. (Payments must be made by cash, cashiers check, or money order – NO CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED)
All RUSD students are required to follow all RUSD Policies as set forth in the 2017-2018 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebook as well as all school policies as set forth in the 2017-2018 Horlick High School Parent/Student Handbook.
Guests – (Are up to the discretion of the administration.)
1. All RUSD guest attendees are required to follow the same rules for student attendees as listed above
2. No guests over the age of 20 years of age are permitted to attend
3. No middle school guests are permitted to attend
4. All guests must have a valid picture school or state ID
5. No student who has dropped out of school may attend
All RUSD student guests are required to follow all RUSD Policies as set forth in the 2017-2018 Code of Student Responsibilities and Rights http://www.rusd.org/district/student-codebook as well as all school policies as set forth in the 2017-2018 Horlick High School Parent/Student Handbook.