ACT Testing Days - Information for All Horlick Students
ACT TESTING INFORMATION - 2017
(2/21/17) Postcards will be mailed home this week to all Horlick families regarding ACT Testing and schedule changes (SEE THE SCHEDULE BELOW). Juniors will also be receiving a letter to take home regarding ACT testing. Some of the information from the postcard you will be receiving soon:
INFORMATION FOR JUNIORS:
On Tuesday, February 28th, each junior will be taking the ACT plus writing test.
All Juniors will need to be in attendance at 7:15 a.m. reporting to the cafeteria. At that time, all Juniors will receive breakfast, free of charge. After the test is complete, lunch will be served for all students.
The ACT plus writing test measures students' progress towards career and college readiness in English, Reading, Math Science, plus writing. This is a five hour test with a break in between.
On Wednesday, March 1st, the Juniors will take the second test of this series, the ACT WorkKeys. This test is an applied skills assessment system that helps students compare their skills to the skills that real jobs require. Students who test at the proficient level on this test can earn a National Career Readiness Certificate. Many entry level jobs are required to take portions of this test for employment. By having the certificate, they are already certified career ready.
INFORMATION FOR FRESHMEN, SOPHOMORES, AND SENIORS:
To The Parents/Guardians of: Horlick High School Freshmen, Sophomores, and Seniors,
Due to ACT Testing for Juniors, there will be NO SCHOOL for all Horlick High School Freshmen, Sophomores, and Seniors, on Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 and on Wednesday, March 1st, 2017, school will start at 11:00 a.m.
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - for students who ride the school bus and must arrive at the normal start time of 7:15 a.m., students will need to report directly to the cafeteria until 11:00 a.m. Students will not be allowed to leave the cafeteria during this time. This would be a great opportunity for students to work on homework, missing assignments, etc. There will be NO ENTRY INTO THE BUILDING AFTER 7:15 AM until the start of the school day at 11:00 a.m. If you have any questions relating to these upcoming testing days, please contact the school at 262.619.4300. Thank you for your cooperation.
SCHEDULE FOR ACT TESTING/WORK KEYS - MARCH 1st , 2017
ACT Work Keys
Testing Date Schedule
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Block 1: 11:05 – 11:39 (34 - Class)
Block 2: 11:44 – 12:17 (33 - Class)
Block 3-1: 12:22 – 12:55 (33 - Lunch)
12:55 – 2:01 (66 - Class)
Block 3-2: 12:22 – 12:55 (33 - Class)
12:55 – 1:28 (33 - Lunch)
1:28 – 2:01 (33 - Class)
Block 3-3: 12:22 – 1:28 (66 - Class)
1:28 – 2:01 (33 - Lunch)
Block 4: 2:06 – 2:39 (33 - Class)
JUNIORS - PARENT/GUARDIAN LETTER - STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE THIS LETTER DURING ADVISORY THE WEEK OF 2/20/17:
February 21, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians;
This year, for the third year in a row, the state of Wisconsin is offering a unique and valuable opportunity to ALL 11th GRADE (JUNIORS)…
***ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28th, 2017, at Horlick High School, ALL JUNIORS will be taking the ACT test FOR FREE followed by the WorkKeys assessment on Wednesday, March 1st, 2017, FOR FREE!!
We are excited for this opportunity for our students and need your help to make it a success! ACT has some very strict and specific expectations for test-taking. Please see the bullet points below for more information.
· ONLY JUNIORS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28th. 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will stay home on this day. This is to ensure the best possible testing environment for our Juniors. JUNIORS MUST BE AT SCHOOL BY 7:15 AM! This is a highly regulated exam…once the testing window begins, NO ONE IS ALLOWED INTO THE ROOM AND IF LATE, WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE THE TEST!
· The ACT test is designed for College Readiness….the composite score that they earn can be sent FREE OF CHARGE to four (4) universities/colleges of their choice.
· The WorkKeys assessment is designed for Career Readiness…the level of performance earned (Bronze, Silver, or Gold) is recognized by industry and can be used by students pursuing post-secondary career paths.
· Electronics of any kind (including cell phones and Fit-Bits), coats, backpacks, etc. are not allowed in the testing room. PARENTS: Please support this effort in encouraging your 11th grade student to leave all of these items at home. This practice is strictly enforced. Students may only enter the testing room with a pencil and a calculator that must be approved by the test facilitators prior to entering the room. NO EXCEPTIONS!
· On Wednesday, March 1st, from 7:15 a.m. until 11:00 a.m., ONLY JUNIORS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE for the WorkKeys assessment. All students will be in attendance starting at 11:00 a.m.
· Busses will run the normal and scheduled routes for JUNIORS ONLY on Tuesday, February 28th. On Wednesday, March 1st, busses will run the normal and scheduled routes for ALL 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students. As juniors will be working on the WorkKeys Assessment from 7:15 a.m. until 11:00 a.m., 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students arriving on busses in the morning will be seated in the cafeteria and remain there for the duration of the test. Any 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students that show up after 7:15 a.m. will not be permitted into the building until 11:00 a.m. We will be running a full schedule of classes beginning at 11:05 a.m. Please check our website http://www.rusd.org/horlick/act-testing-days-information-all-horlick-students to view the schedule for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017.
We appreciate your support in making this school-wide ACT testing/WorkKeys assessment opportunity a success!! Our students will benefit greatly from this unique event…please make sure that your child does not miss out!! Thank you for your partnership!