Gifford offers one of the most extensive elementary music programs in southeastern Wisconsin. Students in 3-year-old and 4-year-old kindergarten receive 20 minutes of general music instruction once every three days while students in 5-year-old Kindergarten through 5th grade receive 50 minutes of general music instruction. As the students progress in age and their musicianship grows, a plethora of extracurricular opportunities open to them.
- Beginner Suzuki Strings is offered to 2nd and 4th grade students; continuing advanced strings is offered for 3rd and 5th grade students
- The study of soprano recorders takes place beginning in 3rd grade and continues through 5th grade
- Beginner and advanced choir is offered for students beginning in 2nd grade and continuing through 5th grade
- An Orff-Schulwerk xylophone, recorder and dance ensemble is offered to students in 3rd grade -through 5th grade
- Beginner band is offered to 5th grade students
- 6th-8th graders can continue in band and orchestra or they can join the choir!