State & Federal Resources
- DPI website for special education
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) website for special education
- Rights for Parents and Children
- Information or questions regarding your child's special education services
- DPI special education policies and procedures
- Special education in plain language
- User-friendly handbook on special education laws, policies and practices in Wisconsin
- SLD notification letter
- Information regarding change to Wisconsin's rule for identifying students with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
- Autism Society of American website
- Autism Society of America, a national organization focusing on autism, provides information about the disability including characteristics, diagnosis, treatment and education, including IEPs.
- ASSEW website
- Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin (ASSEW), located in Franklin, Wis., supports people with Autism Spectrum Disorders by sharing information, supporting research, providing networking opportunities and promoting awareness through education and training.
- An Introduction to Special Education
This is an introduction to Special Education by the Wisconsin Department of Instruction.