Parent Teacher Association
The purpose of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), as stated by the National PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Joining is easy! Every school in the Racine Unified School District has a PTA (Parent Teacher Association) or PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association). Contact your child's school to get the information regarding how to join and when meetings are held. Click here for school phone directories.
Racine Unified PTA Council
Racine Unified PTA Council is the umbrella organization for PTAs in Racine Unified schools. The Racine Unified PTA Council meets the fourth Tuesday of most months. Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. at Starbuck Middle School, 1516 Ohio St., in the cafeteria. For more information, contact Michael Anton, council president, (262) 930-3587.