Dr. Haws Earns AASA National Superintendent Certification
Dr. Lolli Haws was among the nearly 30 superintendents from across the country honored for completing the National Superintendent Certification program. The announcement was made at AASA’s National Conference on Education, held Feb. 11-13, 2016, in Phoenix, AZ.
Launched in 2013, the National Superintendent Certification process is spread over 18 months and is tailored for superintendents who have been in the job five years or fewer. The forums, seminars and coaching provide opportunities to define and examine issues that surface in real life situations. These issues include:
- Providing world-class instructional leadership,
- Building and managing a district budget,
- Mastering effective communication and political skills,
- Using 21st century technology effectively in instruction and management,
- Managing superintendent/school board relations, and
- Designing a career path for oneself.
The AASA National Superintendent Certification Program is a collaborative effort with AASA state affiliates, the National School Boards Association, and business and corporate leaders. The master teachers and guest instructors have all been sitting superintendents and have demonstrable track records of success.